Wednesday, February 17, 2010

More

After my 2nd day of class at Uni, all I can say is, studying in Malaysia is so much easier!  >.<


Everything is so challenging here. I don't know how to describe it. Okay let me try to put them up in point form:


1) I'm still adjusting to the Australian accent. Yes, their accent. (How in the world am I supposed to know that FREO means FREMANTLE?)


2) The crazy amount of workload and expectations. You have assignments even before you meet your lecturers/tutors. You are threatened with figures like 3000 words, 5000 words, even before you read your first chapter of your text book.


3) Lecturers speak so fast you don't even have time to take down notes. (plus the accent thingy, I couldn't understand at least 30% of what they said) 


4) I see at least 3 words I don't understand in a single slide. Which makes it difficult for me to understand the lessons.




A jump from Foundation to Degree is definitely not easy. Its very very very different, very challenging, and here, you don't have "tips" and "clues" or even "hints".
This is when I realise that Malaysian students are soooo pampered, with almost everything provided right in front of us, and yet we take things for granted. I spent an hour doing nothing, and I felt so damn guilty towards myself. I could have written at least 300words.


I think I'm turning into a nerd or geek or however you'd like to address me.


But at this point of time, I can no longer be bothered about anything you say.


This is a new chapter of my life, it may just be the turning point of my life, it is a whole different phase altogether. My parents have spent a lot on me; I have a whole bunch of people back in Malaysia backing me up, and I can't possibly let anyone down. It is just wrong. Wrong.


As for now, my target is to excel. 
and to achieve goals, I have to carry out what I have to, I have to perform well, I have to do my best, and that is all I can do. Do my very best.


It is tough, it is going to get more and more difficult, but that is when I can really know where I stand.

0 comments: